Thursday, December 3, 2009

Brainstore - The Idea Factory

I heard about the Brainstore a few years back. If you haven't heard of them, they are a Swiss applied creativity company. It's a fantastic idea. They have developed a multi-step, structured creativity process. I wanted to know more and they were kind enough to send me a DVD detailing their process.

I teach Creativity Seminars to business people myself so most of their techniques were familiar to me. What I thought was really special was how they created such a rich space for idea generation. I think the vibe is a fun cross between a hip ad agency and a funky IT company. Lots of play. People become more creative when you shake up their routines. Take them out of their familiar surroundings and try something new.

I also really like the incorporation of teenagers at one stage of the process -- having taught teenagers for a number of years I can tell you that they do come up with some really fantastic ideas. I hope this gives someone in your country a few ideas. Two thumbs up!



Stay inspired!

Cheers,
Maurice
www.voiceone.fi

No comments:

Post a Comment