Wednesday, November 11, 2009

FORA Lecture of the Week: Robert Crumb Illustrates the Book of Genesis

The more I think about it, the more I have to admit my Dad was pretty cool. Back in the day, he used to collect underground comics by Robert Crumb, Gilbert Shelton and others. Today, I think the content is pretty mainstream. Back then though, they were pretty edgy and innovative. Now, I'm sure many of you have heard or know a bit about Crumb. There's a really candid documentary called Crumb (1994) that digs deep into the man's psyche and creative essence. It's at times comical, disturbing, poignant and charming. Having some perspective on the guy, I was utterly floored to have heard that he had just illustrated the Book of Genesis. I would have to say this is definitely a case of mixing two very divergent things to create something completely new. Here he is discussing his latest creation.



Stay inspired!

Cheers,
Maurice
www.voiceone.fi

No comments:

Post a Comment